EITCA Academy Terms and Conditions
I. General provisions
Following terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as the T&C) define the formal regulations regarding the organization of the EITCA Academy – an implementation of the European Information Technologies Certification EITC and the European Information Technologies Certification Academy EITCA programmes, hereinafter referred to as the EITC/EITCA Programmes, respectively – including detailed terms and conditions of participation, payment, and the rights and obligations of the participant of the EITCA Academy (hereinafter referred to as the Participant).
II. Organisation of the EITCA Academy
EITCA Academy is organized and implemented by the European Information Technologies Certification Institute, operating under legal form of a non-profit ASBL (Association Sans But Lucratif, ie. Association Without Profit Purpose) organization registered in Belgium. The EITCI Institute has been established in accordance with provisions of the Title III of Belgian Law, granting legal personality to non-profit associations and establishments of public utility. The Institute has its registered headquarters office in Belgium, at Avenue des Saisons 100-102, 1050 Brussels. EITCA Academy is implemented in accordance with the methodological, technical and programme guidelines of the EITCI Institute, which also acts as a Certifying Body for the EITC/EITCA Programmes within the EITCA Academy.
The organizational supervision over the implementation of the EITCA Academy is exercised by the Director of the EITCA Academy.
EITCI Institute is responsible for the implementation of the didactic and examination processes in accordance with the certification frameworks, running the EITCA Academy Secretary Office and administering the e-learning and remote examinations IT systems. EITCA Academy Secretary Office is supervised directly by the Director of the EITCA Academy. All regional and national editions of the EITCA Academy are also supervised by the Director of the EITCA Academy.
1. The substantive supervision over the implementation of the EITCA Academy is exercised by the relevant EITCI Institute’s didactic teams and partners (including the didactic personnel of universities) having custody over individual programme areas.
2. External supervision over implementation quality of the EITCA Academy and its compliance with the EITC/EITCA Programmes is exercised by the EITCI Institute’s Programme Committee, which defines and approves the programme and substantive content of the EITC/EITCA Certification and the scope and content of the guidelines for didactic materials and examinations.
III. Educational process
EITCA Academy is conducted in the form of non-stationary, remote didactic and examination process within the dedicated e-learning platforms, in accordance with the guidelines of the EITC/EITCA Programme. Both the didactic process and examinations are conducted entirely remotely, via Internet.
EITCA Academy allows participation in both individual EITC certification programmes (hereinafter referred to as the EITC Programmes) as well as in composite programmes of EITCA Academies, which consist of predefined topical sets of the EITC Programmes covering the scope of a particular EITCA Academy Programme.
The detailed information and curriculu, content scopes of the EITC and EITCA Academy Programmes are published on the websites of the EITCA Academy and may be subject to alterations in order to reflect continual improvements in the quality of education and provide current adjustments to the changes of the EITC/EITCA Programme guidelines introduced by the EITCI Institute as a result of ongoing development of Information Technologies.
The didactic process is carried out within electronic e-learning platforms, as an asynchronous procedure personalized for each Participant, enabling starting of the process at any time of the calendar year, and its personalized, flexible scheduling, adapted to Participant’s requirements and abilities.
The didactic process within each of the EITC Courses is carried out in the form of remote lectures, exercises and laboratory lessons within the scope defined by the programme.
As part of the EITCA Academy didactic process, the Participant has access to didactic consultations in the scope of attended courses provided electronically by the didactic teams.
1. Completion of each of the EITC Programmes is conditioned by passing the final exam at the minimum level specified at 60% in accordance with the EITC Programme and the guidelines of the EITCI Institute. The final exam for each of the EITC Programmes has a form of a remotely taken multiple-choice quiz, carried out fully via Internet within the e-learning platform.
2. Completion of EITCA Academy is conditioned by passing all of the EITC Courses that constitute a relevant EITCA Academy.
The scope of knowledge required to pass the final exam for each of the EITC Programmes corresponds to the substantive content of didactic materials and is defined by the didactic team having custody over a particular EITC Programme, in accordance with the EITCI Institute’s programme guidelines and in consultation with the Director of EITCA Academy.
1. In the event of failure in achieving a minimum passing threshold of a particular EITC Programme final exam, the Participant is allowed to retake the failed exam free of charge.
2. If the second attempt to pass a final exam also results in a failure, the Participant may undertake the subsequent attempts at the discretion of an individual decision of the Director of the EITCA Academy. EITCI Institute reserves the right to charge the Participant for each additional approach to the exam (beyond the second attempt) in accordance with current regulations, however in the case of positive decision of the Director of the EITCA Academy it is possible to release the Participant from additional charges for excess exam approaches.
3. The Participants are also entitled to a single additional corrective approach to the EITC Programme final exam if they are not satisfied with the obtained score, provided that the exam has already been passed in the first attempt. In such case, the higher of both results is taken into account.
After successfully completing the EITC Programme or EITCA Academy (depending on the participation variant) and meeting the formal requirements of the EITC/EITCA Programme completion, the Participant obtains the following documents:
– EITC Certificate in case the Participant was enrolled in corresponding EITC Programme only issued by the EITCI Institute in Brussels (along with supplementary documentation).
– EITCA Certificate along with all included EITC Certificates in case the Participant was enrolled in EITCA Academy Programme issued by the EITCI Institute in Brussels (along with supplementary documentation).
Electronic verification of the issued EITC/EITCA Certificates is referred to in §27.
IV. Enrolment and payment rules
Registration for the EITCA Academy participation is carried out continuously. Due to the asynchronous and personalized nature of utilized e-learning platforms, the didactic process can be started at any moment of the calendar year.
1. Enrolment for EITCA Academy is carried out by performing an electronic registration in the EITCA Academy website and settling payment of the participation fee for the selected EITC or EITCA Academy Programmes.
2. The remaining Participant’s data including billing data, required for the didactic and certification process need to be provided at a later stage of finalizing the enrolment.
3. During both registration referred to in paragraph 1, as well as enrolment finalization by Certification Programme purchase referred to in paragraph 2, the Participant shall provide their true personal and billing data.
The fees for participation in the EITC/EITCA Programmes are published within the EITCA Academy websites.
1. The following payment methods are accepted:
a) On-line payment, through cooperating providers of on-line payment services (including credit/debit cards, e-wallets and other selected global and local electronic payment methods subject to current availability by provider and region).
b) Wire transfer to the bank account of EITCI Institute, as published EITCA Academy websites.
2. In the case referred to in paragraph 1, point a), the payment can be settled directly after or with the registration through one of the available methods. Payments in this case are usually finalised within a few minutes from their commencement.
3. In the case referred to in paragraph 1, point b), the payment is considered settled after the funds are received on the EITCI Institute’s bank account. For correct identification of the payment it is essential to provide both full name of the Participant and the code of the chosen EITC/EITCA Programmes in the transfer title, according to the sent instructions.
4. EITCI Institute reserves the right to make other payment methods available additionally to those referred to in paragraph 1.
5. Information about all currently available payment methods are published on the EITCA Academy websites.
1. Settling the payment is equivalent to conclusion of an agreement in electronic form between the Participant and EITCI Institute for the provision of selected training and certification service/services (hereinafter referred to as the Participation Agreement) in accordance with the description of the services provided on the EITCA Academy websites and the provisions of this T&C, and implies obtaining of EITCA Academy Participant status.
2. In case that the payment is not settled by the Participant themselves, or the Participant is exempt from the participation fees, the Participation Agreement is concluded in electronic form at the moment when the Participant first logs in to the e-learning platform.
3. Conclusion of the Participation Agreement may also occur in other way (including writing form), if such possibility is provided by EITCI Institute, or by agreement of the parties.
1. Full access to the purchased EITCA Academies/EITC Courses on the e-learning platform is activated after the payment is settled (after the conclusion of the Participation Agreement).
2. First event of logging in by the Participant to the purchased Academy/Course on the e-learning platform is considered a commencement of the actual provision of the service.
If the purchaser and the Participant are different parties, or the purchaser is a company or an institution, adequate purchaser data for the invoice should be provided in the invoicing information section of the order finalization form.
V. Rights and obligations of the Participant and the rules of participation
Participant is entitled to:
1. Access the purchased EITC/EITCA Certification Programmes on the e-learning platforms of EITCA Academy.
2. Access the electronic didactic materials described in the programme and participate in the final examinations.
3. Use the provided computer software designated for laboratory lessons, in the scopes defined by relevant courses.
4. Use electronic consultations regarding the substantive content of the enrolled courses provided by the didactic teams having custody over the relevant courses.
5. Receive the documents referred to in §15 after successful completion of the enrolled EITC/EITCA Certification Programmes and fulfilment of formal conditions stated in this T&C.
6. Participate in special initiatives of cofunding and subsidies, promotions and contests intended for the Participants of EITCA Academy.
The participant is obliged to:
1. Solve the remote exams for all enrolled Certification Programmes by themselves, subject to penalties referred to in §31.
2. Comply with other provisions of this T&C.
1. The Participant consents to processing of their personal data by EITCI Institute, i.e. the Certifiying Body (the European Information Technologies Certification Institute EITCI based in Brussels, Belgium) for the purposes of service provision, as well as sharing these data with partners involved in implementation of the EITCA Academy, within the scope necessary for implementation of the EITCA Academy organization, education and certification processes.
2. The personal data referred to in paragraph 1 is protected and processed in compliance with high safety standards and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, in particular with the General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and corresponding legal acts of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
3. The detailed information regarding processing of personal data and privacy issues within the EITCI Institute’s websites is to be found in the privacy policies published within the respective websites.
1. The Participant acknowledges that all didactic materials made available to them as part of participation in the EITCA Academy are exclusively an intellectual property of EITCI Institute or other relevant entities, and are subject to legal protection in accordance with applicable regulations (including the Intellectual Property legal acts and the Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society). The Participant is entitled to using the materials made available to him and their content (including in particular didactic materials, computer software and exams content) exclusively solely for the purpose of self-study, and shall not make them available to third parties without the explicit consent of the EITCI Institute or the respective copyrights holders.
2. In an event of violation of the provisions referred to in paragraph 1, EITCI Institute or the respective copyright holders may claim compensation from the Participant for any material or non-material damages caused by this violation.
1. Initiation of the Certification procedure and obtaining the Certificate(s) referred to in §15, paragraph 2, is conditioned by filing a consent to the Certification Terms and Conditions of the EITCI Institute (hereinafter referred to as the Certification Agreement). The Certification Agreement form is available athttp://eitca.academy/files/EITCI_Certification_Agreement.pdf.
2. The Certification Agreement is to be signed by the Participant electronically or in writing in which case a scan copy is to be sent via email to the EITCA Academy Secretary Office accompanied by a scan copy of the Participant’s identity document (national ID, passport or other identity document as specified in the Certification Agreement) to allow verification of Participant’s identity and authenticity of the data provided in the Certification Agreement.
3. Sending of the documents referred to in paragraph 2 should take place immediately after the conclusion of the electronic Participation Agreement, referred to in §20.
4. In an event when all required examinations have been passed by the Participant, however they failed to deliver the documents referred to in paragraph 2 before 30 days from the end of statutory maximum period of participation completion referred to in §28, and if no settlement can be made with the Participant concerning the date of delivery of these documents, EITCI Institute reserves the right to consider its obligations under the Participation Agreement as completed, while waiving an obligation to issue the Certificate referred to in §15, paragraph 2. In such case, the Participant is not entitled for any refund of all or part of the participation fees.
1. A statutory maximum completion period (maximum duration of participation) is 12 months for full EITCA Academy and 3 months for each individual EITC Programme (for non-Academy participation), counted from the moment of conclusion of the electronic Participation Agreement and until the successful passing of all required examinations.
2. At a reasoned request of the Participant, the duration indicated in paragraph 1 may be extended in consultation with the Director of the EITCA Academy.
3. If the duration specified in paragraph 1 is exceeded by the Participant and no consensus on the extension of this duration can be agreed, EITCI Institute reserves the right to terminate the Participation Agreement. In such case, the Participant is not entitled for any refund of all or part of the participation fees.
1. By extending the provisions of consumer protection regulations (implementing the Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on Consumer Rights), the Participant who is a consumer (not applicable to companies/institutions as well as individuals engaged in economic activities that have made the purchase under these activities) is entitled to cancel a remotely concluded Participation Agreement without providing any reason within 30 days from conclusion of the Participation Agreement, receiving a full refund. Cancellation should have a form of a written statement (with reference to the respective legal basis), emailed as a scan copy to the EITCA Academy Secretary Office.
2. The cancellation right is waived if the actual provision of the service has already been started at the Participant’s will before the end of the 30 days period referred to in paragraph 1 (by logging in for the first time to the purchased Programme on the e-learning platform).
VI. Final Provisions
EITCI Institute cannot be held responsible for any difficulties in implementation of the EITCA Academy due to random factors beyond the control of EITCI Institute (including factors resulting from the Participant, third parties or force majeure).
1. In exceptional cases, in the event of serious breach of the provisions of this T&C by the Participant, in particular when it is found that the Participant was not solving final exam by themselves, or in the event of neglecting the provisions of this T&C by the Participant resulting in inability to fulfil the EITCI Institute’s obligations under Participation Agreement, EITCI Institute reserves the right to cancel the Participation Agreement with immediate termination of the service. In such case, the Participant is not entitled for any refund of all or part of the participation fees.
2. In addition, when it is found that the Participant was not solving final exam(s) by themselves, this fact is considered by the Certifying Body, which may decide to permanently exclude the Participant from the possibility to participate in any of its accredited Certification Programmes as well as to cancel any Certificates previously issued to the Participant.
The Participation Agreement is considered to be accomplished after issuing the documents referred to in §15 to the Participant, or after termination of the Participation Agreement subject to provisions of this T&C or by mutual consent of the parties.
1. This T&C as well as any issues not covered by this T&C regarding provision of services by EITCI Institute are governed by Belgium law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Belgian courts.
2. The parties shall endeavour to amicably settle any disputes regarding the participation in the EITCA Academy and the compliance with the provisions of this T&C, through mutual agreement. In the absence of an amicable settlement the territorial jurisdiction of the judicial authorities appropriate for the headquarters of the EITCI Institute shall be assumed.
This T&C is effective starting from the 1 July 2014 and may be subject to updates, particularly in order to improve the quality of provided services.